After Christmas I carried on with the cold porcelain, and I really think it has potential. You can add fresh porcelain directly on to a piece that’s already dried for a start. Here’s the Krampus face from the last post with a few more details. Now I just have to figure out how to paint him:
I also used it to make part of this wand for a Harry Potter event. I found a straight (ish) twig in the garden, dried and trimmed it. I added details with cold porcelain, a glue gun and a marble, then painted it all black. I then re-painted it to look like wood again and added some gold paint details. Quite fun, give it a go!
… and some other little bits and bobs still in progress. I’ll be combining it with mask making next. Watch this space.
I finally found time (and a clear work surface) to make another mask sculpt this spring- my second since returning from Florence.
I had a few different ideas about what I wanted it to look like. I’d like to make a mask with rabbit ears soon, but for this face I felt the horns were better suited.
And here it is so far: cast, papier mache’d, popped out of the mold and trimmed. Next stage is painting and finishing, along with another two devil masks and a lil Cthulhu who are all at the same stage.